Halloween is almost here.
looking for some spooky reading for your little ghost and goblins. we have story time at 10:00 every tuesday in the city hall basement. we also have lots od spooky books ranging from fun picture books to scary classics like Dracula, and Frankenstein.
Here's a fun craft to do with you little monsters.
After the required tape has been placed carefully on this candleholder, your artist can be as messy as they likes covering it with pumpkin-orange paint.
What you'll need
- masking tape
- clean, dry jar
- orange acrylic paint
- battery-operated tea light
How to make it
- Cut masking tape into simple jack-o'-lantern face shapes, such as triangles and squares.
- Invite your young helper to create a face with the shapes on the side of a clean, dry jar. Have them brush the outside with orange acrylic paint.
- After the paint dries, carefully remove the tape shapes. For a cleaner line, first peel up the corners of the shape.
- Light your jar-o'-lantern with a battery-operated tea light.
Have a happy Halloween.